- I export the static mesh of a dress from marvelous
- I rig it into Blender then i export an FBX (mesh + armature)
- I import the FBX to Unity and i add the physic scripts (cloth constraints, collider creation etc..).
Now I'd like to have an existing animation set that uses marvelous physics.
So, I designed a dress in MD and managed to move (animate) the avatar and the dress according to a Mixamo FBX animation. In the Animated mode, i correctly recorded the animation.
I'm looking for a method to transfer the animated mesh in a Unity project. I can't find a precise guide on the web and my tests (below) have not led to acceptable results:
- Fbx Export with mc chache: Unity doesn't recognize mc files
- OBJ sequence: 11gb for a dress (not exploitable)
- Mdd cache: Unity doesn't recognize mdd files
- Alembic: The best one, but the dress have no textures in Unity
Can someone can help me to reach this goal? Even if it requires to use an external tool (ex. Maya) it would help me a lot!