In order to move your software license key from one environment to another, please follow the steps below.
* Please note that this rehost feature is only available if your software license key was generated as a “rehostable” type.
** If your Software License Key name includes “Rehostable” on the ACC page, you’re eligible to move a software license key to another environment. (ACC Page)
Step 1. Collect and Save Information - on a recipient device or PC
1. Open RUS on the destination machine that you want to transfer the SL license to (RUS is attached at the bottom)
2. Click the ‘Transfer License’ tab on the top menu and click the box next to ‘Save recipient information to’. Then name the file according to your preference.
3. Click ‘Collect and Save Information’, then the .id file will be saved on the destination machine.
Step 2. Generate License Transfer File - on the original device or PC where the software license key is currently installed
1. Copy the .id file that was created from step 1 to the original machine which currently has the SL License installed.
2. Open RUS and click the “Transfer License” tab.
3. Find the software license key that you want to transfer under the ‘Key Type’ section and click.
4. Load the .id file to ‘Read the recipient information file’
5. Click ‘Generate the license transfer file’ then name the file according to your preference.
6. Click ‘Generate License Transfer File’ to create a .h2h file.
Step 3. After generating the file, the license will disappear from the source machine. As a result, the software license key is no longer installed on the original environment.
Step 4. Apply Update
1. Once the .h2h file is created, copy the .h2h file to the destination machine.
2. Open RUS again and click ‘Apply License File’ to load the file.
3. Click ‘Apply Update’
Step 5. You can now check the transferred License on your destination machine on the ACC page (Link to ACC Page)